It’s love at first site… that blissful state of euphoria when all is right with the world. Eventually the magic fades and before too long we realize our partners aren’t perfect. They’re not living up to our expectations and we become hurt & disappointed or even angry and resentful.
We catch ourselves saying things like…
“If he really loved me he would do this….”
“If she loved me she would tell me….”
According to Dr. Gary Chapman, unhappiness in relationships often has a simple root cause: we speak different love languages. He goes on to explain that each of us has a primary love language. Though we may see aspects of ourselves in all five, there’s one that you just couldn’t give up.
The Five Love Languages are:
- Words of Affirmation: If this is your love language, compliments mean the world to you.
- Quality Time: Really being present for this type of person is critical…cell phones, tablets and tv off!
- Receiving Gifts: The receiver of gifts thrives on the thoughtfulness and effort behind the gift.
- Acts of Service: The words he or she most want to hear are, “let me do that for you”.
- Physical Touch: Hugs, pats on the back, or holding hands are ways to show you care to someone who speaks this language.
Based on the quick overview above, have you figured out your love language? How about that of your partner or someone you know?
Perhaps you’ve even noticed that your children speak a different language too! One may want your constant attention, while another may prefer to be left alone.
The good news is that all of these languages can be learned! And if you truly want happy relationships, stop beating yourself up or trying to change those you love and learn how to love them in their specific language.
Get your copies here!
By learning the five love languages, you and your spouse/partner will discover your unique love languages and learn practical steps in truly loving each other. List price $14.99 – Get it today at Amazon for $7.24
Being single or married has nothing to do with whether you need to feel loved! Everyone has a God-given desire for complete and unconditional love in all relationships.
The Five Love Languages Singles Edition meets the unique needs of singles, using real-life examples. List Price$14.99 – Get it today at Amazon for $10.19